What is the meaning of conservation?
1. the act of conserving; prevention of injury, decay, waste, or loss; preservation: conservation of wildlife; conservation of human rights.
2. official supervision of rivers, forests, and other natural resources in order to preserve and protect them through prudent management.
3. a district, river, forest, etc., under such supervision.
4. the careful utilization of a natural resource in order to prevent depletion.
5. the restoration and preservation of works of art.
How can I play a role in conservation?
- Choose the right equipment
- Pack it out, leave the environment better then you found it
- Clean your gear
- Watch for invasive species and don't spread them
- Know the special needs of the water being fished
- And more!