Fly fishing fans converge in Livingston, Montana August 1 – 5 for the 2017 Fly Fishers International Annual Fly Fishing Fair and FishFest. Local, national and international anglers will celebrate the sport with a cornucopia of fishing related activities. Registration opens May 23rd for over 95 workshops on casting, fly tying, on-water fishing techniques, and related topics.
In addition to the many workshops, the Fly Fishing Fair offers conservation and membership meetings and awards, the International Fly Fishing Film Festival, a banquet, barbeque, book signing, photo contest, women’s extravaganza, two-day youth fly fishing camp, fly tying and casting activities, and more.
Along with Fly Fishing Fair, the FishFest runs Friday and Saturday August 4 – 5 at the Civic Center/Miles Park & Band Shell with vendors inside and outside, live music including Open Range, Ian Thoms and the Band of Drifters, and the Relic’s a new band from Great Falls that play classic rock music. There will be local breweries Friday and a Tap-Takeover beer event with a variety Montana brews on Saturday, food, kids’ activities, fly tying demonstrations and casting clinic, one-hour seminars, video casting analysis, auction and raffles, and a great gear sale. Another main attraction is the free downtown live HOOT concert Thursday, August 3 which draws nearly double the town’s population. You won't want to miss this event!
Registration opens May 23rd at 9 a.m. MDT.
Read these important instructions and be prepared.
- To register you do NOT have log into the FFI website.
- JUST GO TO THE Main Fair Page AND CLICK ON THE “REGISTER NOW” BUTTON.
- Have your member number, if you don’t know it, you can call the office at 406-222-9369 to get it Monday.
- The Fair registration is handled through RegOnline by Lanyon, a worldwide registration company, which is separate from FFI website. This service provides a real time registration process which enhances our ability to handle all aspects of Fair registration. When you click on the “Register Now” button, you will then be directed to the RegOnline Fair Registration home page.
- If you have registered before using online registration in the last several years:
- If you enter an email address that you have used before, be prepared to provide the password you used previously. If you do not remember it, you can click on the “forgot my password” link. Or, you have the option to “Start a New Registration” with a new email address.
Read the registration policies and see the new workshops added after the guide was published:
Get your meal and event tickets when you register. Read more about the meal events here:
If you need lodging, here the link to information:
We hope you will join us for this exciting event in our home town, Livingston Montana. Don't forget to stop by the FFI Museum while your are here!