Here you will find information about the Casting Instructor Program (CICP) and how to prepare and sign up for the two levels of Two-Handed Casting Instructor.
- Level 1: Two-Handed Casting Instructor (THCI) exam.
- Level 2: Two-Handed Master Casting Instructor (THMCI) exam.
The CICP was established in 1992 by well-known instructors of what was then the Federation of Fly Fishers to enhance the level of instruction in fly casting. To view the history of the CICP click here. The Casting Board of Governors (CBOG) manages the CICP which is responsible for certifying instructors and developing qualified examiners.
Through the Examiner Development Pathway program (EDP), FFI examiners are trained to administer instructor certification exams in a professional, courteous manner and to objectively evaluate candidates based solely on the standards specified for each level of certification. Examiner training and validation are overseen by an independent review board within the CICP.
Requirements for THCI Certification
To become a Two-Handed Certified Casting Instructor, you must:
- Be a member of FFI. Join or renew here.
- No refunds or rescheduling once registered - read policy here.
- Pass the THCI Written Exam.
- Pass the THCI Exam
Resources for THCI Certification
Requirements for THMCI Certification
To become a Two-Handed Master Certified Casting Instructor, you must:
- Be current Fly Fishers International (FFI) Certified Two Handed Casting Instructor (THCI) or enter through the Certification Challenge Program.
- Exception during 2021. Candidates that have practiced and planned to take the previous THCI exam that was valid to 31 December 2020 and couldn’t proceed with their plan due to Covid-19 restrictions, may take the THMCI directly without first passing the THCI.
- No refunds or rescheduling once registered – read policy here.
Resources for THMCI Certification
- Certification Challenge Program
Two-Handed Exam Schedule